The Department of Immigration and Citizenship has announced that due to a number of occupations quickly reaching their occupation ceiling, the Department will distribute invitations for certain occupations on a pro rata basis until the end of the 2013-2014 Migration Year.
The occupation groups affected are
- 2331 Chemical and Materials Engineers
- 2334 Electronics Engineers
- 2339 Other Engineering Professionals
- 2611 ICT Business and Systems Analysts
- 2613 Software and Applications Programmers
- 2633 Telecommunications Engineers
State and Territory Government nominations will take half of the remaining places, and the other half will be given to the independent and regional (provisional) visas. The remaining places will be allocated over the coming months.
If you are interested in applying for visas under these occupations, speak with one of our registered migration agents today.
There’s a new way to get immigration news!Simply download the Australian Immigration Toolbar for Applicants! Find out more here.