The Department of Immigration has announced changes to the Australian migration program under the Visa Simplification and Deregulation Project.
The following visas are no longer open for applications:-
- Tourist visa (subclass 676)
- Sponsored family visitor visa (subclass 679)
- Business (short Stay) visa (Subclass 456)
- Sponsored business visitor (short stay) visa (subclass 459)
- Medical Treatment (short stay) visa (subclass 675)
- Medical Treatment (long stay) visa (subclass 685)
- Electronic Travel Authority (visitor) (subclass 976)
- Electronic Travel Authority (business – short validity) (subclass 977)
- Electronic Travel Authority (business – long validity) (subclass 956).
These have been replaced by new visa subclasses, as follows:
Subclass 400 – Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity)
This visa allows you to:
- do short-term, highly specialised, non-ongoing work
- participate in an event or events on a non-ongoing basis at the invitation of an Australian organisation.
Subclass 600 – Visitor Visa
Apply for this visa if you want to travel Australia as tourists, for business or to visit family. It is a temporary visa valid for up to 3 months (case by case basis) with no work rights. However, you can undertake study for up to the validity of your visa.
Subclass 601 – Electronic Travel Authority
Subclass 602 – Medical Treatment
Subclass 651 – eVisitor