Due to the successful disallowance motion in the Senate on 25 September 2014, applications for Non-Contributory and Other Family Visas are now being accepted by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
Due to the successful disallowance motion in the Senate, the following visa categories to Australia are now open for new applications:
- Parent visa (subclass 103)
- Aged Parent visa (subclass 804)
- Aged Dependent Relative visa (subclasses 114 and 838)
- Remaining Relative visa (subclasses 115 and 835)
- Carer visa (subclasses 116 and 836)
Applications for these visa categories closed on 2 June 2014, however, they are now open again effective 25 September 2014.
According to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection, the wait times are estimated to be:
- Non-Contributory Parent visa – approximately 30 years
- Carer visa – approximately 4.5 years
- Remaining Relative and Aged Dependent Relative – approximately 56 years
There are 1,500 places available in total for the non-contributory parent visas, and 500 places for the other visas mentioned above for the 2014-2015 program year.
As the legislation may change again, interested applicants should make an enquiry for a registered migration agent to get in touch.
Learn more about our Migration Agent Services.