The Australian Government has implemented changes for most employer sponsored temporary work visas apart from the subclass 457 visa.
Effective 19 November 2016, the Department of Immigration has closed for new applications the following visas:-
- Subclass 401 Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity) visa
- Subclass 402 Training and Research visa
- Subclass 416 Special Program visa
- Subclass 420 Temporary Work (Entertainment) visa
- Subclass 488 Superyacht Crew visa.
These visas have been replaced by the following new visa categories:
- Subclass 400 Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) visa
- Subclass 403 Temporary Work (International Relations) visa
- Subclass 407 Training visa
- Subclass 408 Temporary Activity visa.
Existing sponsors are able to sponsor applicants under the new visa categories until May 2017. Sponsors should commence preparations for a new sponsorship agreement with the Department of Immigration during the transitional period to ensure continued access to these temporary activity visas.
Applications lodged but not yet decided on 19 November 2016 will still be processed under the previous arrangements.
Applicants are encouraged to contact us to discuss how the changes affect them and to apply for a new sponsorship agreement with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.