The Department of Immigration and Citizenship’s new Temporary Graduate Visa enables those who have completed two academic years of study in Australia to remain in Australia for a further 24 months, or in some cases, up to 4 years.
Introducing the new Post-Study Work Visa Stream
The Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485) now has a post-study work stream which has these following advantages:
- No skills assessment required
- No work experience required
- Don’t need to have an occupation on the Skilled Occupation Lists
- No SkillSelect invitation required
- No sponsorship required
- Can include family members in most situations
- Full work rights
A minimum requirement of this visa is that you must have completed at least 2 Academic Years of study in a CRICOS registered course. You must also have completed that course in the past 6 months prior to lodgement of your visa application.
Furthermore, you must have applied and been granted your first student visa on or after 1 November 2011.
If your visa was granted before this date, you need to apply for the Graduate Work stream which requires a skills assessment in an eligible nominated occupation.
How long can I stay in Australia for the Post Study Work Stream?
- Valid for 2 years if you completed a Bachelor degree, Masters by coursework or Masters (Extended) degree
- Valid for 3 years if you completed a Masters by Research degree
- Valid for 4 Years if you completed a Doctoral degree
Want to apply or find out more?
Contact our registered migration agents in Sydney for further information.