Queensland Government announces new State Sponsorship Occupation List for Skilled Migration.
Effective 1 July 2014
What has changed to Subclass 190 Visa Sponsorships by Queensland?
The Queensland Government has revealed the new State Sponsorship Occupation List, called the QSOL, effective 1 July 2014 as the skilled migration program re-opens with new occupation gaps and braces for change to meet with demand.
What other criteria are applicable for Queensland State Sponsorship?
For Subclass 190 (State Nominated) Visa Applicants:
- meet the Australian Government’s eligibility criteria for the Skilled – Nominated (subclass 190) visa and the criteria to receive a positive skills assessment
- have an occupation on the Queensland Skilled Occupation List (subclass 190) visa
- meet the minimum full time work experience as outlined on the QSOL post qualification in your skilled occupation, and any additional requirements for licensing, registration or specialisations
- demonstrate you have sufficient funds to settle in Queensland and to support you until you find a job
- demonstrate your ability and commitment to establish yourself and any dependants in Queensland with a view to long-term settlement in Queensland.
- complete and submit an expression of interest through SkillSelect
What changes affect subclass 489 applicants?
Your occupation must now appear on the new QSOL for the Subclass 489 Visa.
Should I apply now?
If you are eligible, you should apply now because the occupation lists change frequently and occupations will be closed once they reach capacity.
Call 02 8205 7555 Australia-Wide to speak with one of our visa experts. Alternatively, submit an online enquiry and we’ll contact you to discuss how we can help.